When the pandemic forced churches to close to public worship, PWRDF began gathering its volunteers and supporters from across Canada on Zoom. “Praying with PWRDF” was a way to stay connected to our partners and their work, as well as to each other.
The sessions, designed by Public Engagement Program Coordinator Suzanne Rumsey, include a territorial acknowledgement, specially selected music videos, a scripture reading and a guest reflector. “Praying with PWRDF sustained me,” wrote one online parishioner.
This Lent, we present Lent Without Borders, a collection of some of our favourite reflections from partners and volunteers. Each week will be themed around a Praying with PWRDF reflection and include more words from our reflector, inspiring music videos, PWRDF stories and more.
Our reflectors are:
- The Venerable Charlene Taylor, Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador
- Dr. Evrard Nahimana, Partners In Health Rwanda
- The Rt. Rev. Bishop Riscylla Shaw, Bishop, Diocese of Toronto
- The Rev. Canon Rachel Carnegie, Anglican Alliance
- Heather Smith, Executive Director of Rayjon Share Care, Haiti
- Sophia Gebreyes, Lutheran World Federation, Ethiopia
- The Rev. Patrick Stephens, PWRDF Representative for the Diocese of Ottawa
Each day you will receive an email in your inbox to guide you through Lent, starting with Ash Wednesday on February 22. We hope you will take this opportunity to pray with us during Lent and learn more about our partners and volunteers.
To subscribe, copy and paste this link: